Advertisement

Should You Include Social Security in your FIRE Plan?

Should You Include Social Security in your FIRE Plan? When you're planning for FIRE, should you include income from Social Security in your projections? Well, today I aim to answer that question by talking about what I consider to be the worst case scenario: the Social Security Administration makes a unilateral cut to the benefit payouts.

I talk about how much that would be and why I think you should include some level of social security income in your retirement plan.

Additionally, I talk about the tax implications of receiving social security benefits while you've got other income, whether portfolio income or earned income.

If you'd like to dig into the details of your own situation, please schedule a call so we can get into the specifics together! Check out my website to schedule a call at www.fi-nancialplanner.com

Plan?

Post a Comment

0 Comments