Advertisement

A Fender Malmsteen Strat Without Scalloped Neck For Regular Players AWESOME Rock Tones

A Fender Malmsteen Strat Without Scalloped Neck For Regular Players AWESOME Rock Tones Fenders Malmsteen Stratocaster has a scalloped neck which can be difficult to play, but the guitar in other ways is brilliant. Here I modify the genuine Fender Stratocaster and fit a genuine regular neck. The result is exceptional especially if you play rock. And the great news is that you don't have to be Malmsteen to play it!

The cost of a signature Stratocaster is around £2200 in the UK and likely $2200 in the USA or more. You can buy a fully loaded body (as I did)brand new with a certificate and a genuine Stratocaster neck un-scalloped and fit that. The result is a guitar for around $1000 or about £1100. While not cheap, its a massive saving over the alternative especially if you don't like the original Malmsteen neck.

You gain those YJM pickups and a body that's pretty much a 1962 style from what I see, with the usual attributes - but I cover all of that in the video. It's very slightly disjointed on the video side of things as this was going to be a number of videos but I decided to stick with one in the end.

In any case the body complete with the certificate came from and I guess they will sell you a neck... but I bought my neck off eBay at the time because of CITES and rosewood issues. This video is 'sort of' like a review of the guitar also. I used a Mezzabarba M Zero One for the amplifier but I did NOT play Malmsteen stuff becasue I can't! :)

Hope you all like this and if you do, don't forget to visit my website at or my YouTube channel with 290 reviews.

Please subscribe, ring the bell and thumbs up - it all helps to keep me making these videos.

(c) A B Mckenzie 2019. All Rights Reserved
All Trade Marks Acknowledged.

Fender Malmsteen Stratocaster,change scalloped neck,how to,non scalloped,reviewed,genuine fender,malmsteen signature guitar,yjm pickups,seymour duncan pickups,rock guitar,fit a standard neck,tony mckenzie,mezzabarba,m-zero one,tube amp,stratocaster modifications,bargain guitar,bargain strat,convert from scalloped neck,marshall,fender,review guitar,stratosphereparts,cheap fender guitar,fender strat conversion,unique conversion,

Post a Comment

0 Comments