Advertisement

#DinnerWithTy: The Category is Iconic

#DinnerWithTy: The Category is Iconic I ended my birthday celebrations with #DinnerWithTy. I’ve always wanted to do a dinner party series with different themes, delish food, and “knock you on the floor” drinks (I might do one for Christmas).⁣

The theme, or category as I called it, was “ICONIC”. I asked 15 of my best girlfriends to show up for dinner dressed as their favorite music icon. Obvi, I was Beyonce but Toni Braxton, Lil Kim, Janelle Monae, Bessie Smith, Erykah Badu, Aayliah, Mary J Blige, Diddy, Kandi, Janet, Joanne The Scammer (don’t ask), India and Jay Z all showed up for my dinner.

With only a week’s notice my friends showed dee fcuk out. I’m so grateful for a tribe that not only supports me but will drop everything to entertain my shenanigans. Last night was a vibe. The energy was as iconic as a room full of Black women randomly sang all your favorite hits verse for verse…with the ad libs and ACAPELLA. You can’t tell me we’re not magical‼️⁣

A huge shout out to @mezcalelsilencio &
@brotheragave for believing in my vision and celebrating with us last night. We even got little history lesson on Mezcal. Whew chillay. I’ll share more on that (no more tequila for me). ⁣

So... what’s the lesson I learned here: CELEBRATE YOURSELF and allow others to join you. I’ve always been humble to a fault. Always, oh it’s not a big deal. Ma’am! It’s a big deal. You are a big deal. We are a big deal. We deserve all the parties, all the flowers, and the vibes. TODAY.⁣

Iconic

Post a Comment

0 Comments