Advertisement

Raise Alpacas with Love: Another Toenail Trimming Practice for a Cria

Raise Alpacas with Love: Another Toenail Trimming Practice for a Cria Raise Alpacas with Love: Alpaca Care Easy Toenail Trimming Demo :)

When alpaca babies (crias)are desensitized and get their toenails trimmed this way, it makes my life as an alpaca shepherdess so much easier. I can easily trim an adult alpaca male weighing 180lbs by myself. I much prefer to bribe with treats and keep them happy :)

I develop trust with my alpacas through this process (and daily interaction) and never push them, so they will not kick me. But please exercise caution and listen to your alpaca and watch their body language. If they are stomping or getting impatient, give them space and trim another day.

I use a goat hoof trimmer I bought on Amazon but they are available at local feed stores, too.

Check out a few of my other Raise Alpacas with Love video series:

Raise Alpacas with Love: Suri Alpaca Baby Trying to Wiggle Out


Raise Alpacas with Love: Desensitizing Crias for Toe Nail Trimming



raise alpacas,suri alpacas,alpaca toenail trimming,cria training,wisteria suri ranch,suri alpacas texas,suri alpaca texas,alpaca care,alpaca farm texas,alpaca texas,alpaca herd management,

Post a Comment

0 Comments