Advertisement

Why Warren Buffett Is RICH & You Are NOT

Why Warren Buffett Is RICH & You Are NOT Do you know why #Warren #Buffett (the greatest stock market investor) of all time is super #rich and you are not? Today's video shares exactly why. More importantly, I share things that are in YOUR control that you can do TODAY to be more like Warren Buffett. Learn how to become a better investor by aligning yourself with Warren Buffett's stock market strategy. I'm also excited in today's video to go into a deep dive balance sheet investigation for GM, a dividend growth stock that some members of the community like.

0:00 Intro
0:37 It is not possible to replicate all of Warren Buffett's best practices, but there are certain things you can do to mirror Warren Buffett.
0:58 We can all read 10-K and 10-Q reports (the fine print) like Warren Buffett. I'm not talking about the shareholder letter!
2:33 Warren Buffett works very hard! Here's how he does it and here's how I do it!
3:21 Warren Buffett had famous mentors like Benjamin Graham.
4:26 Here's what Warren Buffett does that you cannot do.
6:12 I got a really cool question about General Motors (GM) after my last dividend investing video. I'm going to answer this question in today's video.
9:38 Here's how a real bank works (in the real estate world).
10:35 I am using the term bank very loosely when I talk about auto companies. This is different than loaning on real estate.
12:20 I embraced my inner Warren Buffett and went into the annual report for GM.
13:32 The balance sheet is on page 51.
15:34 Huge liabilities related to GM Financial (substantially larger than assets related to GM Financial).
16:39 Page 67 – Note 5
17:13 Fair value of GM Financial Receivables
19:14 I spent a lot of time on this research – just like Warren Buffett. There are no shortcuts!
21:21 Page 73 – Note 11 – This is VERY important
24:02 Here's how Warren Buffett reads the fine print.
29:06 Assets and Liabilities – Shareholder's equity could turn negative, easily.
30:20 Do the work!
31:36 Thug Life moment

Here's a link to GM’s 2018 annual report (10-K) so you can follow along at home:
Please note that the balance sheet is on page 51, note 5 is on page 67, and note 11 is on page 73. These are the three key pages I discuss in today's dividend investing video.

If you want a little more background on GM and the auto industry, make sure to check out my last video:
(Timestamps in description.)

As mentioned in today's video, I have been a little critical of Kraft-Heinz (KHC), and investment of Warren Buffett:

And, OXY too:

DISCLOSURE: I am long Caterpillar (CAT). I own this stock in my stock portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.

Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.

COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.

warren,buffett,rich,stock,stocks,market,invest,investing,investor,investment,dividend,dividends,wealth,warren buffett,strategy,warren buffett strategy,warren buffett investment strategy,stock market,investing strategy,annual report,stock analysis,how to invest,how to invest in stocks,value investing,gm,long term investing,dividend stocks,dividend growth investing,get rich,how to get rich,money,how to be wealthy,successful,ppc ian,ian lopuch,10-K,cash,analysis,

Post a Comment

0 Comments