Advertisement

Why Representation Matters: I wanted to be White

Why Representation Matters: I wanted to be White Nyob zoo friends! It’s koj tus muam (ur sis), Kelly~ Welcome to the first episode of #KonvoswKelly where I reflect on my childhood and touch on being society’s “ugly duckling,” pretty privilege, white washing, diversity & why representation matters. This whole convo was inspired by none other than.. Dote’s lack of diversity. It’s a long one, but an important one. Hoping to generate real conversations down below so leave a comment on how these topics relate to you ❤️

*If you’re offended by anything I say in this video based on MY life experiences, you prob want to consider why you feel defensive & it’s prob bc you’re White or ignorant, if not both. This is MY truth and I’m ready to speak about it now.

πŸŽ‰ Thanks for all your love and support on helping me reach 1300 subs since restarting out my YT channel. Much love everyone, xx

#DOTE videos and inspo for my #KonvoswKelly:
Annie Long-
Vereena-
Nina Elise-

H A I R πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♀️➡️πŸ’πŸΌ‍♀️ (MN based & all have worked MAGIC on my hair at some point in time!!)
-Here’s some awesome Asian-American hair colorists/stylists that you should check out!
*PAJAR-

**RACHEL (my stylist)-

Chloe-



❤️πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! & my bday month πŸ™ƒ
Let’s be friends & support one another πŸ‘―‍♀️:

Music: Circle-Lil Ronny MothaF
Camera: iPhone 8+
Editing software: iMovie
Mic: Blue Yeti

*FAQ*
Ethnicity: Hmong-American, dialect: ntsuab/leeg/green πŸ’š
Age: 23
Horoscope: Gemini ♊️
Loc: Minnesota πŸ“

#mytruth,#diversity,#representationmatters,#hmong,#hmongamericanday,#asianamerican,#freshofftheboat,#fob,#twoworlds,#doteshopping,#dote,#konvoswkelly,#kellykaly,

Post a Comment

0 Comments