Advertisement

Michael Barrymore is an 'outstanding actor who deserves an Oscar'

Michael Barrymore is an 'outstanding actor who deserves an Oscar' Michael Barrymore is an 'outstanding actor who deserves an Oscar for his performance' on Piers Morgan's chat show tomorrow, says the father of the man who died in his swimming pool.In an extraordinary attack ahead of the star's appearance on ITV, victim Stuart Lubbock's father Terry Lubbock urged people to tune in to see for themselves 'what a good actor Barrymore is'.On the programme Barrymore, 67, says he 'couldn't be more sorry' for Stuart's death in March 2001 at his mansion in Roydon, Essex, while insisting he was '100 per cent innocent'. Former TV star Michael Barrymore, left, will appear on Piers Morgan's Life Stories tomorrow night and will talk about events which led to the destruction of his career when Stuart Lubbock died in his swimming pool in March 2001 Mr Lubbock's father, Terry Lubbock, pictured, has attacked the appearance and said he still wants justice for his son's death. He described Barrymore's appearance on the show as worthy of 'an Oscar'Mr Lubbock suffered injuries consistent with a sexual assault before his death and had illegal drugs in his system.  Barrymore was arrested and quizzed by detectives on suspicion of the rape and murder of Stuart, but was never charged.An inquest into Mr Lubock's death returned an open verdict. Barrymore later sued Essex Police for wrongful arrest, but the force were able to appeal and had   RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next MPs call Jeremy Kyle to appear at their inquiry into reality... 'You're going to hate me. I'm a paedophile': Moment pervert,... Share this article Share But speaking today Terry Lubbock, 74, said: 'This is the Barrymore comeback show and I urge you all to watch it. I want you all to see what a good actor he is. He's an outstanding actor who deserves an Oscar for his performance.'He's talking a lot of nonsense. He even says I got on with him and told him he might come back on the telly but that's rubbish.'Mr Lubbock, who lives in a care home in Essex after suffering failing health, added: 'The road to justice is a long one but I have to keep going until I find justice.'I will fight with all my strength to get it - justice for my son. Stuart Lubbock, pictured, was found dead in the swimming pool of Michael Barrymore's Essex home in 2001'Twelve years ago I had a brain bleed, that should have been the end of me. Then last year I had another serious health setback. I was in hospital, my family were told to expect the worst.'But I'm still here to fight on, I gained strength from the spirit I've got to fight for justice for my son.'The bottom line is that I will take as long as it takes for me to get that justice so that Stuart can rest in peace.'Last week, after it was revealed Barrymore will tell Piers Morgan about how he felt suicidal, Mr Lubbock said: 'This is typical Barrymore, just talking about how bad things have been for him.'But at least he's still got his life - my son's life was taken away while he was still young (he was 31).'I've always said Barrym

dailymail,news,

Post a Comment

0 Comments