Advertisement

Bill Camplin plays "Somebody Ought To Be There" from his album Cardboard Box

Bill Camplin plays Cardboard Box Album

Side One
Cardboard Box 5:45 - B. Camplin
Positively 4th Street 6:40 - B. Dylan
Leave Alone 5:05 - B. Camplin
Take Me To The Woods 7:15 - B. Camplin

Side Two
I Can’t Help It 4:46 - H. Williams sr
Somebody Ought To Be There 3:44 - B. Camplin
The Daughter 4:10 - B. Camplin
Song Of Inspiration 6:51 - B. Camplin
More Often Than Not 4:57 - D. Wiffen

Copyright 1975 Bill Camplin/All rights reserved
C P 1975 Tool Room Records
(25227)

All selections ASCAP except “I Can’t Help It” and “More Often Than Not” BMI
Produced and Arranged by Bill Camplin
Recorded in Studio No. 2, Sound 80, Minneapolis
Pressings made at Wakefield Manufacturing in Phoenix
Engineering/Mixing: Tom Jung
Bob Mueller: Drums
H. Dog: Pop Can
Jamie Sheldon: Bass
Bob (kid) Knetzger: Dobro, Banjo, Steel Guitar
Jason Klagstad (that’s ad): Electric Guitar
Bill Camplin: Acoustic Guitars, Vocals, Harmonica

Photos: C1975 Greg Puza
Art and Design: Jim Price
Tool Room Records P.O. Box 118 Pewaukee, Wisconsin 53072
C P 1975 Tool Room Records

Twenty Seven Years by the tracks and I finally took the ride
Some scenes?

Back doors
Back yards
Back sides

All the rejects
All the used
The refuse
Thrown-not placed
Discarded
Forgotten
All sorts of things meant to be hidden but nothing that really needs to be.

How much am I hiding?
What can, what could and what must I reveal?
Just some silly old questions

For years I’ve seen (and presented) the self-conscious fronts
All the planned displays
The meant to be seen

The wheels roll and run parallel - even to my own life
The tracks click and a memory arises
The two people sitting in the back of a basement of a fast order sandwich shop
Listening to a singer/guitar user at the front
They gave him a reason to keep on playing
Yes, that could be said - I want to say it
But perhaps we all extract the reasons we need to do what we do
And we are always left with another reason to extract

I glimpse a the paper luggage I have opened
The items overflow when released from their confinement
With so many things to consider it gets very confusing
The events leave me with this incomplete knowledge
I’m in over my head
But I have to be
C 1975 Bill Camplin

Cardboard

Post a Comment

0 Comments