Advertisement

Bobi Wine responds to President Museveni ''IPOD is a complete Joke'

Bobi Wine responds to President Museveni ''IPOD is a complete Joke' The dialogue under the Inter-Party Organization for Dialogue (IPOD) is a complete joke. It is a desperate attempt by Museveni and his regime to sanitise the impunity that he presides over in this country. I encourage all friendly pro-change forces not to fall for this trick! How can we share a platform with a man who has the blood of our people on his hands and is not ready to admit and denounce it?

We have never been opposed to dialogue, but our stand has been and remains that it is only free people who can dialogue- PERIOD. If I am dialoguing with President Museveni, he must first of all see me as a citizen of Uganda with my full rights, and not as a slave or a mere pawn on his chessboard! You cannot have your foot on my neck and then say to me, - 'let's talk!'

Citizens' rights must first be respected and upheld. I say this well knowing that these rights are not a favor from any government- they are inherent!! Secondly, the people of Uganda are the true stakeholders and shareholders of this country. All leaders must never forget that. I always tell my friends that the PEOPLE ARE OUR FIRST AND LAST RESORT. Any dialogue that is worth its name must involve them and listen to them.
#PeoplePower_OurPower

People power,

Post a Comment

0 Comments